Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Well then...

This is something of a first for me. I've never run a website (not sure if this counts as that, but hey...) or an online-journal type thing before, so here goes...

First off, I have issues with the word "blog". It just sounds plain daft, and I shall refrain from using it as much as possible :)

Anyway, a bit about me - I'm Mike, I'm 19, and I'm from St.Andrews in Scotland. I'm in my third year of an Honours Degree at the University of Edinburgh, studying in German. As such, I'm spending this year in Austria, working as a Language Assistant in two schools in a town called Krems, about 70km North-West of Vienna. I'm really enjoying it here - my job's great, they pay me (!!), the people I live with are great fun, I've made a bunch of other friends, I get to travel (Salzburg, Innsbruck and Copenhagen in the last 3 weeks :)) and there are no deadlines 'till the first week of 4th year.

I've been here for nearly two months, so I'll spare you all two months of ranting, rambling, and general nonsense, and just start from now. It'll make sense in my head, anyway....

Right, not got much time just now, and I'm going to Vienna tomorrow, so I might post something tomorrow evening, depending on how much I get into this whole malarkey...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home