Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday Morning.....

As Maroon 5 one sang.

So, it's Sunday today, and as such, nothing's open and I don't have a great deal to do! I'm currently sitting talking to folk back home (and in China, in Kenny's case) on MSN, and looking at hockey scores from last night. NY Rangers 4-3 Carolina. Get in :)

Went to Vienna with Rachel, one of the other assistants here, yesterday. We decided to be cultural and went to the Kunsthistorisches Museum, one of the biggest art collections in Europe, which was seriously impressive. The building itself is a work of art, and the works inside are numerous and impressive. So after that, we went outside into the snow (oh yes! :)) and went to do the other thing we came there to do - I needed a few shirts for school, so that occupied an hour or so. Me. Clothes shopping. Tasj would be so impressed :)

Today I've successfully done sod all, to be honest. I wandered to the train station (home of the only shop open on Sundays) to get breakfast and lunch, and vanilla Coke (no idea why, and it's not particularly nice), and emailed a few folk at home. There appears to be nobody here - everybody's either asleep, making Paella in the kitchen (in the case of the Spaniards, anyway) or God knows what else. It's nice and quiet though, so I've got some tunes on, and am watching the snow fall outside. It's only a very light shower, but it was quite a bit heavier yesterday, and the grass is still covered. It's not warm outside - I'm fairly sure it's not got above freezing yet today, but I like it. Makes me feel all Christmassy - I'd be bitching about it being too early to be Christmassy if I was in Britain, but it's cool here - pretty lights and stands outside selling glühwein to warm you up. Can't beat it :)

Still, I shouldn't complain about the cold - I am Scottish, afterall, and I can handle it fine. I like it, actually - and I was speaking to Kenny ,who's living in Changchun in China, yesterday, and it was -25 where he was. Near Siberia, apparently....

Anyway, I think I'm going to go and be productive and clean my room - I need space to chill, and my room's a bit of a shambles at the mo! Might ramble more later, if I can be arsed... :)

Later :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home