Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

That was fun :)

I had a *great* evening :)

I had a normal day at school, and a fairly relaxed afternoon in town. Had a coffee with Ruth right after school, which was nice as I hadn't seen her since last week, then had coffee and lunch with Rachel afterwards (I'm fitting in plenty hot beverages, that's for sure :)), and I got in at around 5. I had no real plans for the evening, until Dominica, one of the Polish girls from downstairs, mentioned that there were plans to go ice skating. Me being me, I was up for it.

So, we went. I should explain first, that the rink here is entirely outside (oh yeah, they play hockey in the snow), and it was about -4 outside, but that made it all the more fun! I'd not skated in too long (nearly two months), and it felt good, despite the dodgy hired skates, having not bought my own yet. Not sure what it was, but it was just great fun - it was all the international students here in the Studentenheim, and we all get along really well, so it was fun. It was followed by going into town and standing outside drinking glühwein to warm up, then going to the pub.

So, after having nothing planned for the afternoon or the evening, I think I did a pretty good job in keeping busy! No classes 'till 12 tomorrow, so I get a lie-in too! Oh, happy days....

Also, I've discovered some new tunes - the Motion City Soundtrack, to be precise. Only got the one song by them just now, but it's damn good, and I can't get it out of my head.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home