Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon....

Okay, not quite an exact quote from the song, but I'm running out of decent titles to call these things...

Anyway, a week since my last update - I've not *actually* done that much in that time. I was successfully quite ill for a couple of days (helped by some medicine procured at a chemist in town. I successfully told him what was feeling dodgy, in German. Oh yes :)), but am way better now, with only a minor sniffle to complain about.

Had a fairly large shindig downstairs last night ,as it was 2 of the Erasmus student's birthdays, so everybody got together, and it was good fun! Odd as this may seem, but one of the better things about it (I thought, at least...) was that I can notice my German getting better, in that I can comfortably sit around speaking it about most things to folk who don't speak English, and they understand me! My grammar's not exactly perfect, but it does the job. They were impressed, which made me happy :)

What else, let's see....the Rangers beat the Blues last night despite, by all accounts, playing pretty badly. The winner was scored in OT by Martin Rucinsky, who took a shot which deflected off a Blues defenceman, off the plexiglass, off Patrick Lalime's ass and into the net. Funny old world.

Really not a great deal of interesting stuff to post, for which I duly apologise - I've done a grand total of....sod all today - was fully knackered from last night so slept for a good while, bought some food, watched some TV. I only actually saw people from half 2ish...they were all in bed 'till then :) It's been good though, despite doing nothing, I feel a bit recharged, which is all good!

12 days 'till I go home for Christmas....that's a scary thought. I'm sure I mentioned this the other day, but I was talking to Rachel about it yesterday, and it really, really doesn't feel like we've been here this long. I still remember Hollabrunn (where our week-long introductory course was at the end of September) as it it was last week, and I remember everything else I've done, and everywhere I've gone (Salzburg, Innsbruck, Vienna numerous times, Copenhagen....), but looking back it seems that the time between said events has kind of blurred together....my theory on this is that it still feels like this isn't "home", if you know what I mean, even though we're all really enjoying living here. After Christmas, when we're here for another 5 months, and will be more accustomed to everything, I reckon things will seem a bit more normal. That didn't sound quite right, but I can't think how else to say it! :)

Anyway, enough nonsensical rambling for now.....shall try and write something interesting in a day or two!

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home