Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

That was a fun weekend....

...but I'll talk about that in a minute :)

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I'm currently listening to a radio programme, recorded last Friday, on my laptop - it's from Virgin, and it's Pete and Geoff's breakfast show, and it's the last one ever! I was gutted to learn about that...I'm not much of a radio listener, but Virgin's pretty good and they were the funniest two presenters. Gutting. Still, the last show itself was pretty funny, given that they were pretty much having a party the whole time, and may or may not have been a bit drunk :)

Anyway, the weekend - lots of fun, it was! Two friends of mine from around here were celebrating birthdays, so we went to Vienna to party. What began as a party in Carmen's flat ended up moving to a club in town, in which we stayed rather a long time.....suffice it to say that I was a bit knackered on Sunday :) It was really good fun - clubs can be pretty dodgy (particularly if they have a love of techno), but this one played, by and large, decent music. Some of it was a bit too 80s, but you can't have everything. One highlight was some of the Pulp Fiction soundtrack being played, prompting many people to try and dance like John Travolta.... :)

So I've been at school all morning, doing what I do, which has been fun. This is the start of my last week 'till next year, so lessons have taken a rather unsurprising Christmas-themed direction, which is fun. Everything's getting rather Christmassy, and I'm still rather inept at buying gifts for people. I've still got family to buy stuff for....it will be done, and they'll be good, but I leave it a bit late!

The Rangers lost to the Avalanche last night, which was unfortunate. That said, it's the first time they've lost two straight home games all season, so it's a mark of how well they've been playing that a game like this is a disappointment, rather than the norm :)

What else...? Oh yeah, I read this,
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/news/wwn/20051209/113414040002.html

...article, which amused me rather a lot. The perils of the internet, beware folks :)

Anyway, not much else to add, unfortunately! It's still absolutely baltic here (the river upgraded from having-chunks-of-ice-in-it, to being-completely-frozen-over the other day) and it's snowed some more, so everything looks white and pretty :)

Right, this afternoon I plan to A) Buy food, B) Plan an exciting lesson for my 5th form class tomorrow.....

I shall attempt to update this a little more frequently, but alas, I've been busy! Who'd have thought it....? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home