Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm back....


Well then, my plan of updating this more often hasn't worked so much....but I've got a good excuse! I'll try more often now.... :)

So yes, I'm now back in Austria, freezing my ass off, after a fantastic two-week long holiday at home. I didn't actually do that much, aside from spend time with family and friends, but that's exactly what I planned to do, so it was great!

I got back on Sunday night, for starting work on Monday, and it's pretty much been business as usual since then. Except a lot colder - I walked to work on Tuesday and it was -11 outside. It is *not* warm!

Still though, despite only being back for a few days, I've successfully planned quite a lot of the next few months. For starters, the first weekend in February I'm going to Kent to see my girlfriend for a few days, as it coincides with my week long semester break from school. I get back on Wednesday, and am going to somewhere-yet-to-be-decided with folk from here after that, apparently. Then, after Tasj and a couple of friends from Uni arrive in Vienna, there are plans afoot to go to Budapest, and we quite fancied Croatia too....

Anyway, enough about me for now. I've just realised, by the way, that I can post photos on this. I have a Photobucket album that I use for that, but I'll stick a couple on here just as a wee test. I took a couple of cool ones of the snow when I was at home, so I'll use them. There's plenty snow here, but I've yet to go out with my camera yet! (Just put one on at the top - taken from my bedroom window at home a couple of weeks ago)

Speaking of photos, I'm going to have to take some next time we go skating. It's all the more fun that I've got skates now, as hired ones hurt! But I feel I have to share the old-time hockey nature of this particular rink, when if you get hit over the boards, you land in two feet of snow! It's great!

Anyway, I've also recently rediscovered some cracking tunes I've got, but hadn't listened to in ages. This week, I have mostly been listening to some older Semisonic, and the best of Hootie and the Blowfish, with some Lagwagon thrown in for good measure.

What else...oh yeah, I've just looked at the (reasonably small) level of traffic I get here, and realised, rather disturbingly, that a few people actually read this. So, if you do, feel free to leave a comment or two. As you may have noticed, I tend to ramble about nothing in particular, so if you'd like to contribute, please do! Try not to be too abusive :)

Right, that'll do for now. I actually do plan on updating this more often nowadays, so hopefully I'll stick to that...but for now, I'm hungry.

Later :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home