Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Time flies...

...it does. I'm moving out of my flat tomorrow...! So this is pretty much the last time I'm going to be here in Krems and able to post on this until I'm at home. When, of course, I'll be at home and able to post on this, not in Krems....

Anyway, had a fairly quiet week. I've had a bunch of really-not-very-exciting stuff to do (deregistering my address, closing my bank account, vaguely thinking about packing....) The highlights have been teachers and classes giving me stuff to say thanks for my work this year. And with them being Austrian, it's largely wine. Good wine. So I'm pleased :) Now I just need to work out how to get it home...

My last week in Austria, then, will be being spent largely on holiday. Me and Tasj are going to Bad Gastein on Friday (a spa town in the mountains :)), then down to the Wörthersee (a big lake in Carintha/Kärnten, near the Slovenian border), to relax and chill, then coming back to Vienna next Tuesday.

I'll quite probably write a long spiel about the whole year here when I'm back and settled back in. I'm really not particularly organised at the moment, and have been really busy recently. Still, I've got loads of time when I get back - nearly two months to relax, finish off Uni work for next year, see friends....then in August I'm employed as a rickshaw rider in Edinburgh (don't laugh, it's during the Festival and I plan to make a large sum of money!), and get to test out the comforts of my new flat. All in all, it should be fun.

Oh, and I'm going to see Guns 'n Roses in July, having just been offered a ticket by a friend of mine over MSN. That should be entertaining :)

So, that's it for Austria just now. I'll have a big rant about it when I'm back home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home