Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

More adventure....


Well, kind of.

We went to Dürnstein on Thursday, which is a wee town about 5 miles down the valley from where I live. I'd been there before, but somehow didn't quite appreciate the stunning beauty of it - it really is fantastic. Plus, this time we (we, being me and Tasj) had time to climb up the big hill with a great big castle on it (where, randomly enough, Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned a long, long time ago...), with some absolutely breathtaking views of the valley around the Danube. I'll stick a picture up next to this, and you can find a couple more here - HERE

So yeah, that was fun, and the next few weeks promise to be rather interesting too. In chronological order we have...my birthday, a trip to Budapest, then the start of the Easter holidays which involve a trip round Austria (Salzburg, Innsbruck and Bregenz + the Bodensee/Lake Constance). Then after that I think I only have 5 weeks of actual work left, which is a tad alarming.

Anyway, I've got today and tomorrow to finish off my first essay. I really just want it done, then I can get on with everything else, including essay #2 and quite a lot of reading. Essay #2 promises to be less tough-going, as it's about Arthur Schnitzler, a satirical Viennesse playwrite from the turn of the 19th/20th centuries, rather than the altogether more hardcore debating about extreme right-wing political theories that I'm riveted to just now....

So yeah, the weather's still okay, for a change. It actually feels *warm* sometimes, which takes some getting used to. It sadly means that the local rink here won't be around for much longer, being outside....I think it comes down in April. Damn.

Right, gotta work lots this week to make up for next weekend galavanting off to other countries......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home