Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I've always wondered...

...you know that episode of the Simpsons where Sideshow Bob comes to kill Bart, after getting paroled from prison? The one where he explains his "Die Bart, Die" tattoo by saying, "It's German for 'The Bart, The'"? Well, I'd always wondered how that would work when it was dubbed into German...now I know! They showed that episode last night...

Turns out that it's just not as funny. He says exactly the same thing, translated directly, which is all well and good, except for the writing's in English and he says "That's German (i.e, the language he is speaking) for "The Bart, The". Which is good, but of course he says "Das ist Deutsch, für "Die Bart, Die". Which is what it says anyway. I'm guessing non-native English speakers would still probably get it, though.

I'm really not sure why that interested me, I'm sure it may not have interested quite a few of you, but there you go. It's not my fault you read this. So :P

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home