Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

That's better...

I feel altogether less bad than I did last time I posted...still got a bit of a cold, but nothing special. Must be the excessive ammounts of tea I've been drinking, combined with the ammount of hockey on TV that's done it :)

So then, what to report - the Olympic hockey's been good fun. It's just nice to have live hockey on TV, and it's been entertaining though the "serious" stuff hasn't started yet. Also on TV has been the truly terrifying skeleton-bob, which appears to be solely for atheletes with death wishes (but Britain won a medal, score!) and the Snowboard Cross, which is superb viewing - 4-up snowboard racing round a fairly mental looking track. I love the Olympics.

In other good news, it's actually gotten back to normal temperatures here! No longer do I have to freeze off my extremities just to get to work...no no! Plus, my flat's warmed up considerably, which is always nice.

Anyway, what else? Oh yeah, after searching through various methods of getting home in June, and them being too expensive or involving mammoth train journeys (which I was up for, as I'm getting bored of flying!) I found flights from Vienna to Glasgow, with a stop or two, for 60 quid! Made my day, that did.

Anyhow, back to work tomorrow - so hopefully getting back to actually doing stuff will make for more interesting stuff written here! Later :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberley said...

Wow Mike booking your tickets home already! Well as far as I know I'm planning on staying until the end of the academic year, i.e. 4th July. So I'll be back way later! I'm possibly taking part in a school trip to the UK as well, so that is part of the reason I would like to stay. Glad you're feeling better though! Amount only has one 'm'.

10:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home