Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sweeeeeeet Caroline....

...as was sung by 20000 people at Madison Square Garden last night. Bizarrely enough, it's become the Rangers victory song, as as they marched to their 9th win in the last 11 games, it was sung rather loudly by all and sundry. For all it's old, and Neil Diamond, it sounded rather nice :)

Anyway, not a great deal happening at the moment - I was in Vienna all day today, having an ever-so-stressful time sitting in Cafe Central drinking coffee with somebody from Uni. It was grand, as it made for a welcome distraction from the slushy mingin' snow that was outside, as big cities tend to attract. I'm only online for a wee while - off to watch the highlights from the Olympics in a little while.

We went out last night - nothing too late, just dinner and a few drinks, but it was really nice. I managed to almost avoid bumping into any of my students in the pub, which was unusual, and we met a Swedish guy working in a pub here, who was great. I said I was Scottish when he asked where we were from, and he then told us that he was there once, and spent 5 days (!!) in Jon O'Groats. Quite what they were doing there is a mystery to me, but they appear to have realised there was nothing there after one aftenroon, and spent the rest of the time drinking. Fair play, I guess. One thing I love about the whole pub thing here - you pay less than €3 for a half litre of very good beer, and it's all table service. Only disadvantage is that smoking appears to be something of a national pasttime here, which is my only pet hate about going to the pub...

Anyway, tomorrow I plan to work - I've been going over some of the finer points of German grammar to aid my essay writing, and I plan to (hopefully) get a chunk done tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home