Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

*Insert witty title here*

Yup, I can't think of what to call this. Ah well.

It's a bit quiet round here today....the vast majority of the Erasmus students in this building have gone home, so there's only a handful of folk left. And they're not awake yet, thanks largely to the party we had before people left last night (during which, it must be said, I cooked a bitchin' meal. It's not often I use that word to describe my cooking, but it was roundly appreciated :))

So I've done a lot today, anyway. I've successfully gotten up, said goodbye to people downstairs and...nope, that's it! I've got a bit of work to do today, and I'm going to try and go down to the river Danube to take some photos, as the part of it that runs next to my town is frozen. Now, the Danube is a *big* river, and I'm reliably informed that they've not seen it like this for 20 years, so I think I should make sure I take some photos as there's a large chance I won't see it like this again! It looks beautiful, apparently.

As an amusing aside, we watched some of "Wetten, Dass...?" last night, which for the uninitiated is a very, very amusing German TV show. Basically, they get the *most* German host in the world, a load of celebrity guests, and make bets on ridiculous challenges done by members of the public, and it's invariably hilarious. Last night it was in Salzburg, and the Stadtwette, the bet they have in the town each time, involved racing a skiier down a mountain on a motor bike and sidecar. Needless to say, James Blunt, the only British guest on it this week, looked suitably afraid.

Also, it was the first time I've seen Boris Becker speak German. Always strange when that happens.

So anyway, not a great deal on the go today. I'll try and post photos of the Danube later on, as it apparently looks amazing, and I'm going to try and plan a lesson on Robert Burns for one of my classes tomorrow, so that should be fun....for now though, the plan of action goes....shower, amateur photograpgy, work, dinner. Given that *nothing* happens in this country on Sundays, that's fairly action packed.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home