Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm back!

...from my little jaunt to Kent at the weekend. Suffice it to say that I had an excellent, relaxed time with my wonderful girlfriend and am now back (apparently) ready to start work again! That's not 'till next Monday, so I've got some time to myself. I've got plans though, oh yes. In the next 4 days I plan to...

1) Work. Essays galore await me in my room, and I'm going to use this time, hopefully, to do a fair whack of work on them
2) Listen to the Arctic Monkeys album I picked up while in Britain :)
3) Go to Vienna on Saturday to see some friends I've not seen in too long.
4) Watch the Olympics

All in all, I think I've got the balance between working *too* hard and relaxing *too* much sorted. I hope it works out :)

Aside from that, not a great deal to report here. It's oddly a lot warmer than before...it's actually *above* freezing! This feels rather strange....I've also just realised that today was my 4th flight this year, and that the people of Ryanair are largely responsible for it. I like travelling, so it's not too bad though.

Lastly, I've decided I'm going to start asking customs officials for stamps in my passport wherever I go now. Tasj got one from the officials in Denmark (she's Danish!!), just by asking nicely, and it really brightens up what is otherwise a fairly dull document. So next time I go over one of the numerous borders round here, or home, I'm asking for some. I know they're totally unneccessary in the EU/Schengen area, but what the hell.

Incidentally, if you want the last 30 seconds of your life back after reading that not-very-riveting piece of news, then I'm sorry :)

Later :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home