Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday afternoon...

And I'm taking a break from work. I feel I've earned it - I'm onto the second phase of my German grammar learning program thingy, which involves typing, rather than writing, the notes. Did one chapter today (I type faster than I write, apparently) and am about to commence with some more essaying.

Life's pretty good, it must be said. I was in Vienna for most of the weekend- we went out for a *fantastic* meal on Friday night. A little place vaguely near the Hofburg which served some great Austrian-ey stuff. I don't often marvel at food, but it was *that* good. A sly bit of partying came after that, at a shindig organised by the Erasmus student network (I'm not an Erasmus student, but I know folk who are! :))

Anyway, one of my flatmates left on Friday, as she was only here on a placement for a couple of weeks anyway. She was very cool to have around, so we'll miss her. Once again, the makeup of my flat seems to change on a fairly regular basis.

Speaking of flat-related stuff, I'm also pleased that we ("we" being, the girls in Vienna and some of their aquaintances) are off to Budapest in a few weeks, roughly coinciding with my birthday. Should be great fun - new country, new city, and apparently rather a cool one at that!

Right, I'm off to write some more essay...I'll try and post here more often, as life's fairly good and fairly interesting at the moment! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home