Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Quiet weekend...

Yup, that's what I'm having. It's rare that I have a weekend like this, so it feels a bit odd. I've gotten a bit of work done, relaxed....it's not been too bad. If we gloss over the terrifyingly heavy rain that's been battering seven bells out of my flat recently, that is. Quite what's taken over the seemingly schizophrenic weather here, I don't know, but it went from sunny and 20 degrees to torrential (and I mean *torrential*) rain in the space of 5 minutes.

So anyway, I'm trying to get work done on essay #2 just now. It's tricky starting essays, I always find, so I'm trying to be productive in other ways, by reading, researching etc...and trying to get a proper start on the actual text of it, that reads well and sounds good. That's the theory, anyway. It's not as if I'm rushed here, I've got ages, so it's nothing to stress over at the moment.

So aside from that, life's not half bad at the moment. I've got precisely one month of work left, and it's not exactly going to be a busy one, given that a lot of my students have exams, thus limiting the number of hours I actually work...

On the less cheery side of things- my Rangers got unceremoniously hammered in their playoff series against the Devils, which blows. A fantastic example of how to lose a playoff series, including injuries to best players, and a complete and utter lack of scoring. Ach well, there's always next year. At least we had playoffs to watch this year....

Right, I think I should head back to my flat (I still use the internet connection in the student residence I used to live in - I am allowed to, before anybody accuses me of being a thieving bam). Gotta get some lunch, and some work done...and update this more often and make it more interesting! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home