Mike's Journal....

Ramblings and ravings of a Scottish Student, currently living in Austria.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Bonnie Scotland....

Oh yeah, I'm back :)

It's been a couple of (busy) days since I flew back on Wednesday. The actual trip back was fairly uneventful, aside from a rather frantic run through Stansted airport. I mean, I'm flying back on the day that half of England's flying to Germany.....I made my flight with roughly 5 seconds to spare. Score.

Anyway, my last week in Austria was eventful - in between moving out of my flat and going out an awful lot, we fitted in a wee trip to Bad Gastein, a wee town in the Alps. Basically it's full of big thermal spas, and surrounded by mountains. It's an odd feeling - standing outside in the snow (it's June!!!) wearing nothing but swimming shorts, surrounded by enormous mountains...it was fantastic. The thermal pools, the saunas (with a worrying compulsorary-nakedness policy...), it was grand. My last two days were spent kicking around Vienna, seeing people, going out, doing things I'd not yet done - also great fun. I love that city, it's truly fantastic, and I miss it. I didn't even live there, but I was there often enough :)

But anyway, being back's great - I miss Austria loads, as I had a fantastic life there, but home's home. I'm still not properly settled in, in that I've yet to unpack, but it's nice. I've been busy - spent yesterday playing tennis, seeing friends in town, playing volleyball on the beach then going to the pub. The last bit was particularly nice, as I'd not yet experienced the lovely smoke-free pubs of Scotland. Love it :)

I'm currently sitting listening to the fantastic new Less Than Jake album, which is really very good. Good for the nice sunny weather too...

Anyway, I should post often enough in the summer once I'm back on the planet (metaphorically) and organised. No employment for me 'till August, when I'm off to Edinburgh to ride a rickshaw for the hordes of tourists around during the festival. No, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home